Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Is there still opportunity in the stock market to play around with ��MAD�� money?

Just to clarify so I don��t get read the riot from all the brokers out there for asking this question and not going to my financial advisor my question is regarding some mad money I have put aside (Not a fortune by any means).





As I can��t find anything that interests me to buy and CD��s are just no fun I decided to start self investing by using an online broker. As I am not looking for long term growth for this cash and yes I am prepared to lose it (again as my rent does not depend on it) are there still opportunities out there for small investors to capitalize on? There are a few sectors that interest me but I am still researching individual companies to invest in.|||You have answered the first investment question - never invest money on the stock market that you cannot afford to lose.





Next, consider whether it might pay you to find the highest investment rate you can get for your money and put it to use that way.





If you still want to invest in the market then you will need to do your own research. Do not listen to any friends who may want to recommend 'just the right investment for you'. Many great friendships have folded this way.





Next, as you sound like a newcomer to investing, read the book One Up On Wall Street by Peter Lynch. He points out how to spot good investments - even in your own locality. Last of all there is a free book on the stock market at the site below.





Best of luck. It is a really interesting hobby, but be careful the market is a dangerous place, particularly at the moment.|||Go for Ultra short/long ETF's. They avoid the effort of picking individual shares, but give you double the expsoure to an up or down move in the underlying index. I have been using UYG to play the financials for about a $5000 gain this year, using $1500 as a base investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment